AXIOM is very effective in the prevention of disease and pest problems. The signaling protein in AXIOM triggers an initial reaction in the plant immediately after spraying. This hypersensitive response (HR) triggers the plant’s genetic code to create an immune response. This in turn leads to systemic acquired resistance (SAR) in the plant, resulting in a stronger, healthier plant able to fight off disease and pests. The result is higher quality—yielding better flowers and fruit.
AXIOM contains harpin proteins, a signaling molecule that alerts the plant to the presence of a pathogen. This molecule stimulates the plant’s immune system, which in turn creates a systemic chain reaction resulting in accelerated growth, significantly increased photosynthesis, and mobilization and utilization of essential macro and micronutrients. The package contains the protein molecule and a starch-based buffer to protect the protein. AXIOM is a natural, completely safe,
non-toxic, and effective plant health promoter.
Harpin proteins are plant health promoters produced in nature by certain bacterial plant pathogens. They activate a plant’s immune system and trigger growth and defense genes, resulting in improved plant growth, increased yield and quality, and greater shelf life.WHAT DO THEY DO? WHY ARE THEY BENEFICIAL?
Harpin proteins are proven to boost a plant’s immune system. When plant cells detect the presence of the harpin proteins, they trigger an early warning system commonly called systemic acquired resistance (SAR). This sends a signal throughout the plant to activate certain defensive and growth responses in order to fight off pathogens. These responses help plants survive the stresses and threats of disease.
• Apply mixed product to plant foliage with a pump sprayer, mister, or other suitable applicator.
• Apply as a fine mist for most efficient coverage. Do not over apply.
• Carefully reseal opened packets to minimize exposure to air and moisture. Use opened packets within three weeks.
• Product must be used within 12 hours of mixing.
• Apply every two weeks for fast growing environments.
• Apply in the morning prior to, or when, lights come on. Do not apply after lights are turned off.
• For best results, continue applications every three weeks until first frost or until plants become dormant.
• Apply product the same day it is mixed. Reapply if it rains within 30 minutes of application.
• 0.5 g – mix with 32 oz of water – covers 250 sq. ft.
• 2 g – mix with 1 gallon of water – covers 1,000 sq. ft.
• 2 oz – 50 gallons of water – covers 1 acre